Thursday, June 3, 2010

My First Blog!

With the inspiration from my cousin, Jennifer, I have (obviously) decided to start a blog. Mainly I am just wanting to write my ideas down and hopefully get some feedback. By the way, I like honesty..If ya don't like something-say it!! I wanna know what other people think.

I'll start by explaining how I got started in this "crafting adventure". I've always loved creative arts. I just love seeing people put their talent to work, and having something cute to show for it. Once again, Jennifer has been my inspiration for this as well-she is the crafting expert. Anyways, back on track. I wanted a sign for my front door. I saw a lot of people had them, but I wanted one a little different-customized! I wanted Joshua 24:15. So, I went to Wal-Mart and got all my supplies. Paint, brushes, ribbon, and they only had canvas boards in packs of 3. And so, the adventure began...
Well, I finished my first one, but couldn't let those other 2 boards go to waste. I then made this one.

I love the flowers! I originally just got them to make me a vase full of real looking flowers for my bathroom.


Then, for my husbands sake, I made this Ole Miss one. I don't like the ribbon it's hanging by, so I'm considering changing it out.

The others just started coming to me. I'd just be getting my supplies out, and see two colors together and it'd go from there. I've had lots of fun! I'm trying to ease out of hand painting for a little while-they don't seem to be selling. Hopefully the initials will be a big hit.






This one was for a friend at school.

There's a few not posted. All are on my facebook page though. Let me know what you think. Any ideas for changing the already finished ones, or new ideas. However, I've been informed that I can't buy any more supplies until I sell some, so be praying I can get a few sold. I have so many ideas ready to be put to use!!! Until next time, have a great one!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog girlie! How much are they? I need to clean out a lot of my supplies and I may just ship them your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady that is selling them for me now has them priced between $15 and $20. Not sure if that's good or not. Haven't really searched around.

    ReplyDelete